Board index » delphi » 'Record Changed by another User'

'Record Changed by another User'

Hi All

Whenever my software is trying to update the value of some field (float
type) of some existing record in an MSSQL Table then the mesg.
'Record Changed by another User'
is coming. But for other records this mesg. is  not coming.

Through Provider(along with ClientDatset & AdoQuery) the records are being
getting updated.

Should I change the Property UpdateMode of TDatasProvider from upWhereAll
to upWhereKey?
If its so then why its not coming Always, since it is being used not in
Multiuser system?

*****Also making  UpdateMode to upWhereKey its aborting the process
silently.*****
Is any article available for fixing this problem?

TIA
Papiya

 

Re:'Record Changed by another User'


Papiya,

  Change the (TADOQuery) TField ProviderFlag to only pfInUpdate.

Good luck
krf

Quote
"Papiya Shome" <papi...@edpsoft.com> wrote in message

news:3e9d5cd9@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> Hi All

> Whenever my software is trying to update the value of some field (float
> type) of some existing record in an MSSQL Table then the mesg.
> 'Record Changed by another User'
> is coming. But for other records this mesg. is  not coming.

> Through Provider(along with ClientDatset & AdoQuery) the records are being
> getting updated.

> Should I change the Property UpdateMode of TDatasProvider from upWhereAll
> to upWhereKey?
> If its so then why its not coming Always, since it is being used not in
> Multiuser system?

> *****Also making  UpdateMode to upWhereKey its aborting the process
> silently.*****
> Is any article available for fixing this problem?

> TIA
> Papiya

Re:'Record Changed by another User'


Sorry, its not working, I've tried by changing ProviderFlags of all
Fields/other than key fields of the ADOQuery to only pfInUpdate. Still same
problem for the same record is coming.

Quote
"Kevin Frevert" <ke...@workdrinkingcoffee.com> wrote in message

news:3e9d63fb@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> Papiya,

>   Change the (TADOQuery) TField ProviderFlag to only pfInUpdate.

> Good luck
> krf

> "Papiya Shome" <papi...@edpsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:3e9d5cd9@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > Hi All

> > Whenever my software is trying to update the value of some field (float
> > type) of some existing record in an MSSQL Table then the mesg.
> > 'Record Changed by another User'
> > is coming. But for other records this mesg. is  not coming.

> > Through Provider(along with ClientDatset & AdoQuery) the records are
being
> > getting updated.

> > Should I change the Property UpdateMode of TDatasProvider from
upWhereAll
> > to upWhereKey?
> > If its so then why its not coming Always, since it is being used not in
> > Multiuser system?

> > *****Also making  UpdateMode to upWhereKey its aborting the process
> > silently.*****
> > Is any article available for fixing this problem?

> > TIA
> > Papiya

Re:'Record Changed by another User'


Papiya,

  Are there any triggers on the table in question?  If so, add..

SET NOCOUNT ON

This will supress the 'Rows affected' message that "confuses" ADO on how
many records where actually changed.

Good luck,
krf

Quote
"Papiya Shome" <papi...@edpsoft.com> wrote in message

news:3e9e7767@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> Sorry, its not working, I've tried by changing ProviderFlags of all
> Fields/other than key fields of the ADOQuery to only pfInUpdate. Still
same
> problem for the same record is coming.

Re:'Record Changed by another User'


Kevin

No there is no Trigrrer. However after deleting the set of
components(ADOQuery,Provider,ClientDataSet) & after redropping the set the
problem has been overcome(for the time being).
But need exact reasonof this problem  & steps to fix it.

TIA
Papiya

Quote
"Kevin Frevert" <ke...@workdrinkingcoffee.com> wrote in message

news:3e9e98c9@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> Papiya,

>   Are there any triggers on the table in question?  If so, add..

> SET NOCOUNT ON

> This will supress the 'Rows affected' message that "confuses" ADO on how
> many records where actually changed.

> Good luck,
> krf

> "Papiya Shome" <papi...@edpsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:3e9e7767@newsgroups.borland.com...
> > Sorry, its not working, I've tried by changing ProviderFlags of all
> > Fields/other than key fields of the ADOQuery to only pfInUpdate. Still
> same
> > problem for the same record is coming.

Re:'Record Changed by another User'


In attempting to fix the problem, you may have inadvertently set some other
property.  I've done it more times I can count.  I won't remember what I
changed (I'm juggling about 50+ different projects right now) and it's
easier to delete/re-create the components than figure out what I did wrong.

krf

Quote
"Papiya Shome" <papi...@edpsoft.com> wrote in message

news:3e9e9da7@newsgroups.borland.com...
Quote
> Kevin

> No there is no Trigrrer. However after deleting the set of
> components(ADOQuery,Provider,ClientDataSet) & after redropping the set the
> problem has been overcome(for the time being).
> But need exact reasonof this problem  & steps to fix it.

> TIA
> Papiya

Other Threads