What is Apple's Object Pascal?

Just recently learned that Object Pascal was first developed by Apple
and/or Taligent way before Delphi came out. I never heard Borland
mentioning anything about this. Is this Borland taking credit where it
isn't due? I read that Borland's OP is very different from Apples - but
still what's up with this?

What about trademarks - I'd imagine that if Object Pascal was a trademark
of Apple they'd sue Borland right away. Or is it the space between the
words that makes the difference?

Does anyone have any experience with Apple's Object Pascal? How similar
is it Bolrand's variation?

I also understand that Niklaus Wirht was involved in developing Apple's
OP - I wonder what he thinks of Borland's version?

I couldn't find too much information on the Internet re Apple's OP (I
guess it wasn't very popular) - but I'd like someone who knows to set the
facts straight, Please post - I want to know more about this.

Thanks!

Gregory Trubetskoy
http://www.mira.com/home/grisha

Re:What is Apple's Object Pascal?

In article <31BDF937.6...@mira.com>,
Gregory Trubetskoy  <gri...@mira.com> wrote:
(in comp.lang.pascal.borland)
:Does anyone have any experience with Apple's Object Pascal? How similar

:I couldn't find too much information on the Internet re Apple's OP (I
:guess it wasn't very popular) - but I'd like someone who knows to set the
:facts straight, Please post - I want to know more about this.

 news:comp.lang.pascal.mac (Macintosh based Pascals.)

   All the best, Timo

t...@uwasa.fi http://uwasa.fi/~ts BBS 961-3170972; FIN-65101,  Finland

Other Threads