Streaming video capture questions

Greetings all,

    I'm trying to put a video capture card overlay into an application
but I'm unable to get streaming video. I'm using the example from the
Delphi FAQ which descibes how to grab frames from a capture card. This
works without any problems. However, when I send the message
WM_CAP_SET_OVERLAY (or WM_CAP_SET_PREVIEW) nothing happens. SendMessage
returns success in both cases, but I still only get a single frame
displayed.

    The environment is Win 98 FE, Matrox Rainbow Runner, and Delphi 4. I
suspect that it's something trivial, but the MS Windows for Video SDK
doesn't have an explicit example and it appears that I only need to send
the SET_OVERLAY or SET_PREVIEW message. Any help would be most
appreciative.

Thanks,

Dave S.

Re:Streaming video capture questions

Is capture off when you send the overlay command?
Overlay won't change after issuing capCaptureSequence or
capCaptureSequenceNoFile commands

Dave Stone <david_st...@cca-int.com> wrote in message

> Greetings all,

>     I'm trying to put a video capture card overlay into an application
> but I'm unable to get streaming video. I'm using the example from the
> Delphi FAQ which descibes how to grab frames from a capture card. This
> works without any problems. However, when I send the message
> WM_CAP_SET_OVERLAY (or WM_CAP_SET_PREVIEW) nothing happens. SendMessage
> returns success in both cases, but I still only get a single frame
> displayed.

>     The environment is Win 98 FE, Matrox Rainbow Runner, and Delphi 4. I
> suspect that it's something trivial, but the MS Windows for Video SDK
> doesn't have an explicit example and it appears that I only need to send
> the SET_OVERLAY or SET_PREVIEW message. Any help would be most
> appreciative.

> Thanks,

> Dave S.

Other Threads