Report with data flow from left to right

I need to create many reports with following format, where data flow
from left to right

Group1

Label1    Record1 Record2 Record3
Label2    Record1 Record2 Record3
Label3    Record1 Record2 Record3

Group2

Label1    Record1 Record2 Record3
Label2    Record1 Record2 Record3
Label3    Record1 Record2 Record3

However, the report tools available, such as Quick Report and
Crystal Report generate report with data flow downward as:

Group1

Label1  Label2  Label3
Record1 Record2 Record3
Record1 Record2 Record3
Record1 Record2 Record3

Group2

Label1  Label2  Label3
Record1 Record2 Record3
Record1 Record2 Record3
Record1 Record2 Record3

I had to draw on Canvas of printer for printing such report and on
bitmap for preview.

Is there a better way?

Thanks for any help.

John Xu
Software Developer and Consultant
Big Creek Software
http://www.bigcreek.com
e-mail: joh...@bigcreek.com

PS.  Since there are about 40 variables too be placed on one page.
     Top down data flow is not practical.

Re:Report with data flow from left to right

John,

You should take a look at ReportPrinter Pro.  It gives you complete
control of format.  With 11 components and over 400 methods,
properties and events, it's very powerful and flexible.  It can easily
handle just about any report you can imagine.  Download a demo at
http://www.nevrona.com/designs.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
Deanna Gunkel
Nevrona Designs

On 26 Jun 1997 16:37:58 GMT, it...@netins.net (John XU) wrote:

>I need to create many reports with following format, where data flow
>from left to right

>Group1

>Label1    Record1 Record2 Record3
>Label2    Record1 Record2 Record3
>Label3    Record1 Record2 Record3

>Group2

>Label1    Record1 Record2 Record3
>Label2    Record1 Record2 Record3
>Label3    Record1 Record2 Record3

>However, the report tools available, such as Quick Report and
>Crystal Report generate report with data flow downward as:

>Group1

>Label1  Label2  Label3
>Record1 Record2 Record3
>Record1 Record2 Record3
>Record1 Record2 Record3

>Group2

>Label1  Label2  Label3
>Record1 Record2 Record3
>Record1 Record2 Record3
>Record1 Record2 Record3

>I had to draw on Canvas of printer for printing such report and on
>bitmap for preview.

>Is there a better way?

>Thanks for any help.

>John Xu
>Software Developer and Consultant
>Big Creek Software
>http://www.bigcreek.com
>e-mail: joh...@bigcreek.com

>PS.  Since there are about 40 variables too be placed on one page.
>     Top down data flow is not practical.

Other Threads