How to get list of SQL-Servers on network

This topic's been in here before I know but the individual posts are no
longer available, so:

How does one get a list of SQL-Servers available on a network?

Tia,

Jonathan.

Re:How to get list of SQL-Servers on network

Guess there is no generic way because SQL server can listen on ony port. You
may have to poll all IP ports in your network by broadcasting to obtain a
list (assuming you work with MS SQL via TCP/IP sockets).

Alex

"Jonathan J Quick" <n...@spam.here> wrote in message

> This topic's been in here before I know but the individual posts are no
> longer available, so:

> How does one get a list of SQL-Servers available on a network?

> Tia,

> Jonathan.

Re:How to get list of SQL-Servers on network

Hi,

i do not remember exactly, but i'm sure there is an enum function
which can do this for you. Something like "EnumPDC" or else.
The one thing i can remembe of, is that there is a parameter specifying
which
kind of  servers you want to enum. So you can search for this in the ms sdk
help:
"svTypeSQLserver".

Hope this helps,
sorry if i was not too clean.
S?li1

Jonathan J Quick wrote:
> This topic's been in here before I know but the individual posts are no
> longer available, so:

> How does one get a list of SQL-Servers available on a network?

> Tia,

> Jonathan.

Re:How to get list of SQL-Servers on network

If they are registered you can get it through DMO, otherwise you are going
to need to convert the ODBC C function SQLBrowseConnect.

-Euan

> This topic's been in here before I know but the individual posts are no
> longer available, so:

> How does one get a list of SQL-Servers available on a network?

> Tia,

> Jonathan.

Other Threads