PDOXUSRS.LCK, PARADOX.LCK files

Hi there,
    We have got a Delphi 5 app running against Oracle 8.0.5. When app is
started there are 2 files created automatically with names PDOXUSRS.LCK,
PARADOX.LCK. I believe these are files that correspond to PARADOX files, but
we are not using any Paradox Files.

    Does anyone have any idea what creates these files ?

TIA
George

Re:PDOXUSRS.LCK, PARADOX.LCK files

George Georgopoulos wrote:
> Hi there,
>     We have got a Delphi 5 app running against Oracle 8.0.5. When app
> is started there are 2 files created automatically with names
> PDOXUSRS.LCK, PARADOX.LCK. I believe these are files that correspond
> to PARADOX files, but we are not using any Paradox Files.

>     Does anyone have any idea what creates these files ?

> TIA
> George

I can confirm that these are files created from BDE when working with
paradox tables.
I am not sure when it creates them if it is only when working with paradox
tables or always.
Settings for this are in BDE Administrator.

--
Bojidar Alexanrov
Kodar Ltd.

Kevin Frevert wrote:
> Probably using Cached Updates...
> http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,22571,00.html

> Good luck,
> krf

Yeah that can be the case but there must be more temporary files in the
directory of program like
*.db

--
Bojidar Alexanrov