Board index » delphi » ***S.O.S. *** PLEASE HELP

***S.O.S. *** PLEASE HELP

Hi everybody!
I got stuck with my application at the moment I need to print
BankCheques on continuous paper on the DotMatrix Epson FX2170. The size
of a Cheque is 76MM height and 210MM Width. The point is that after
printing 3 Records there's always a Pagefeed no matter what size of
paper I indicate to the printer(I have now "Custom" size and the sizes
in MM of the Cheque).
Is there someone that has had a similar problem and can explain me how
to do it (or an example)?
I have Windows XP Profesional and Delphi 6.
Thanks!
Pedro
 

Re:***S.O.S. *** PLEASE HELP


Well. I had a laser printer that ran out of memory, if I tried to place too
much graphics
on a piece of paper, but matrix printers are not supposed to print on a
page basis are they ?

Maybe it has something to do with how you send the graphics to the printer.

If you in the application are using an too large canvas maybe ?

Quote
Pedro Jos Pollaerts wrote:
> Hi everybody!
> I got stuck with my application at the moment I need to print
> BankCheques on continuous paper on the DotMatrix Epson FX2170. The size
> of a Cheque is 76MM height and 210MM Width. The point is that after
> printing 3 Records there's always a Pagefeed no matter what size of
> paper I indicate to the printer(I have now "Custom" size and the sizes
> in MM of the Cheque).
> Is there someone that has had a similar problem and can explain me how
> to do it (or an example)?
> I have Windows XP Profesional and Delphi 6.
> Thanks!
> Pedro

Re:***S.O.S. *** PLEASE HELP


Quote
On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:15:50 +0200, walker <walk...@sol.dk> wrote:
>Well. I had a laser printer that ran out of memory, if I tried to place too
>much graphics
>on a piece of paper, but matrix printers are not supposed to print on a
>page basis are they ?

Well yes sometimes they are
- there is normally an option for automatic page break that is
configurable both via hardware and Esc codes

I would recommend messing around with sending lines to the printer
using LPT1 to *prove* that it is (or is not) the hardware (printer)
that is inserting the page throw
- before looking at anything else.

Quote

>Maybe it has something to do with how you send the graphics to the printer.

>If you in the application are using an too large canvas maybe ?

>Pedro Jos Pollaerts wrote:

>> Hi everybody!
>> I got stuck with my application at the moment I need to print
>> BankCheques on continuous paper on the DotMatrix Epson FX2170. The size
>> of a Cheque is 76MM height and 210MM Width. The point is that after
>> printing 3 Records there's always a Pagefeed no matter what size of
>> paper I indicate to the printer(I have now "Custom" size and the sizes
>> in MM of the Cheque).
>> Is there someone that has had a similar problem and can explain me how
>> to do it (or an example)?
>> I have Windows XP Profesional and Delphi 6.
>> Thanks!
>> Pedro

Re:***S.O.S. *** PLEASE HELP


Hi ..

I've done just that ... my application prints cheques on continuous paper 3
cheques per page and then the paper feeds automatically to the next cheque.

The application was written some time ago ...... Delphi 2 with Windows 98.
But I don't think that the version of Delphi or Windows would matter.

I make use of the following settings:

Printer that I user is :  EPSON LX-400

You need to set the paper size as follows

Paper Size: CUSTOM
Size: Width 800 (inches)
         Length 1100 (inches)

I made use of Delphi's quickreport to perform this task.  In Quickreport,
you need to setup the cheque on a Detail Band - only 1 cheque.  The
properties of the quickreport component and that of the Band are listed
below.

My application generates 3 cheques per page and prints them out and feeds to
the next page automatically.  Ensure that before you print using the
quickreport print button, you must check the printer settings and make sure
that the paper size is set to CUSTOM as above.

I've been using this application for about 3 years and have no problems.

Trust that this will help

Regards
Mumtaz

QuickReport Properties :
  object QuickReport1: TQuickReport
    DataSource = dsPrintCheque
    ColumnMarginInches = 0
    ColumnMarginMM = 0
    Columns = 1
    DisplayPrintDialog = False
    LeftMarginInches = 0
    LeftMarginMM = 0
    Orientation = poPortrait
    PageFrame.DrawTop = False
    PageFrame.DrawBottom = False
    PageFrame.DrawLeft = False
    PageFrame.DrawRight = False
    PaperLength = 0
    PaperSize = qrpDefault
    PaperWidth = 0
    RestartData = True
    SQLCompatible = False
    TitleBeforeHeader = False
    Left = 52
    Top = 208

Properties of QRBand1
  object QRBand1: TQRBand
    Left = -572
    Top = 0
    Width = 1200
    Height = 350
    Align = alTop
    BandType = rbDetail
    Color = clWhite
    ForceNewPage = False
    Frame.DrawTop = False
    Frame.DrawBottom = False
    Frame.DrawLeft = False
    Frame.DrawRight = False
    Ruler = qrrNone

"Pedro Jos Pollaerts" <pedro...@wanadoo.es> wrote in message
news:3D5C8FC5.2040603@wanadoo.es...

Quote
> Hi everybody!
> I got stuck with my application at the moment I need to print
> BankCheques on continuous paper on the DotMatrix Epson FX2170. The size
> of a Cheque is 76MM height and 210MM Width. The point is that after
> printing 3 Records there's always a Pagefeed no matter what size of
> paper I indicate to the printer(I have now "Custom" size and the sizes
> in MM of the Cheque).
> Is there someone that has had a similar problem and can explain me how
> to do it (or an example)?
> I have Windows XP Profesional and Delphi 6.
> Thanks!
> Pedro

Other Threads