intercepting the windows print message

    I'm trying to write a program that will intercept any request to print
from the computer (95, 98 and NT), do some processing, then either continue
the print job OR cancel it, based on the user input. Can anybody supply me
with some code snippets?

Thanks in advance.

Re:intercepting the windows print message

Can anyone just get me started? Does everybody understand my question? Has
anybody tried to do this before?

In article <39a5c3d9_2@dnews>, Adrian Zelazny wrote:
> Can anyone just get me started?

Well, i cannot.

> Does everybody understand my question?

Oh, it comes up a few times a month but i have yet to see a good answer for
it. This is low level, poorly documented stuff. YOu will probably have to dive
into the Windows DDK and i bet there are significant differences between Win9x
and NT in this area.

> anybody tried to do this before?

Certainly, but they seem to not frequent this groups <g>.

No replies in private e-mail, please, unless explicitly requested!

Other Threads