Found the answer to one, now having QuickReport problem

I found the answer to the "Invalid Character" problem (reinstalled
Infopower), so everything's working now. Now I've got another problem. I'm
trying to create a simple QuickReport with four columns, grouped by Cost
Center. I placed the Title, Page Header, Group Header, Detail, Group Footer,
and Page Footer bands and set their properties, then added a QRGroup and set
the DataSource, DataField, HeaderBand and FooterBand properties (using the
guidelines in "Delphi in Depth"). All I get, however, is the first record in
the table. Reading further, I found this: "The third essential property is
the DetailBand property, which you use to point to the QRBand that displays
the records that you want to group."

Folks, I ain't got such a property!! It's not in the Object Inspector, and
the Help for QRGroup doesn't show one either. Are Jensen, Vivrette, et al
seriously mistaken in their description? It makes sense that the QRGroup
would have to know __which__ Detail or SubDetail band it's supposed to
group. But the property's just not there. Am I missing something here? Is
there actually a DetailBand property, and if so why doesn't the Object
Inspector or the online help know about it? Any help would be greatly
appreciated; this project is due Monday. TIA,

Scott

Re:Found the answer to one, now having QuickReport problem

Are you using latest version of Delphi ?
or still using Delphi 1 ?

there is no property called "DetailBand" in D4, I think what they mean is
QRBand (which can be renamed to more descriptive name called "DetailBand").

Are you running your report by double-clicking on QReport (main) component in the design mode ?
If so, that could be your problem and try to view report in runtime (Delphi) mode.

HTH
Ashok
    Scott Glasgow wrote in message <6u1vib$g...@forums.borland.com>...
[...]

Other Threads