Does Tutil32 5.01 exist?

I am trying to repair a table and the repair program just vanishes (closes
itself). I then loaded the source intending to step through and see where
the problem is, and got a message saying I needed tutil32 Version 5.01.
This does not appear to be on the Inprise site. Does anyone know if it is
available, or if not, when it will be available?

Thanks.

Chris

Re:Does Tutil32 5.01 exist?

Hi Chris,
You can easily use tutil32.dll ver 5.00
with BDE version 5.01
--
Roman
(please remove STOPSPAM. in header)
Chris Crozier wrote in message <01be361f$6d821400$45ec26c4@cchome>...
>I am trying to repair a table and the repair program just vanishes (closes
>itself). I then loaded the source intending to step through and see where
>the problem is, and got a message saying I needed tutil32 Version 5.01.
>This does not appear to be on the Inprise site. Does anyone know if it is
>available, or if not, when it will be available?

>Thanks.

>Chris

Re:Does Tutil32 5.01 exist?

AFAIK there were no changes made to Tutil32.dll as part of the 5.01 update.
You should be able to use the 5.0 Tutil32.dll.

Bill

--
Bill Todd

Re:Does Tutil32 5.01 exist?

Thanks for the response, guys - but then, why do I get an error message
popping up saying I need TUtil32 V 5.01 a soon as I try to step through the
code?

The compiled version of the program runs, but on this particular table it
just crashes out and closes itself, so unless I can step through it I'm
going to have a problem finding out why! Is ti that the IDE is adding some
version checking of its own and giving a bogus message?

I am running D4 with SP2.

Regards,

Chris

Bill Todd (TeamB) <bill_todd.nos...@compuserve.com> wrote in article
<76mgr1$4u...@forums.borland.com>...

> AFAIK there were no changes made to Tutil32.dll as part of the 5.01
update.
> You should be able to use the 5.0 Tutil32.dll.

> Bill

> --
> Bill Todd
> (Sorry but TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)
> (Remove nospam from my email address to contact me for any other reason)

Re:Does Tutil32 5.01 exist?

Chris Crozier wrote in message <01be36e8$fd22c720$5fed26c4@cchome>...
>..... Is ti that the IDE is adding some version checking of its own and

giving a bogus message?

IDE does not check BDE/TUTILITY versions. You should probably
adress the people that made the program you are referring to.
--
Roman
(please remove STOPSPAM. in header)
MAIL: I...@rksolution.cz

Re:Does Tutil32 5.01 exist?

I have no idea why you are getting the error.  I have never seen or heard of
that error message.

Bill

--
Bill Todd

Re:Does Tutil32 5.01 exist?

Hi Bill & Roman,

<sigh> I had hoped it was something straightfdorward that needed only
greater experience to solve. I can't see anything amiss in the source, but
I'll just have to dig deeper.

Thanks for the input.

Chris

>IDE does not check BDE/TUTILITY versions. You should probably
>adress the people that made the program you are referring to.
>--
>Roman
>(please remove STOPSPAM. in header)
>MAIL: I...@rksolution.cz

Re:Does Tutil32 5.01 exist?

If you want to save yourself the effort consider getting the table repair
components from Out and About Productions (www.o2a.com). They are
inexpensive and excellent.

Bill

--
Bill Todd

Re:Does Tutil32 5.01 exist?

NO You can use can use 5.0 DLL. I've used it wit the 5.01 BDE DLL's
Anyone who says it does not work, has made some programming error themself.

If you want you can adjust the DLL version Info with a Resource editor like
BRE4.5 ;-)

Neal Smit
coax...@telekebel.nl
' A good programmer looks both ways
 before crossing a one way street'
Chris Crozier heeft geschreven in bericht
<01be361f$6d821400$45ec26c4@cchome>...

>I am trying to repair a table and the repair program just vanishes (closes
>itself). I then loaded the source intending to step through and see where
>the problem is, and got a message saying I needed tutil32 Version 5.01.
>This does not appear to be on the Inprise site. Does anyone know if it is
>available, or if not, when it will be available?

>Thanks.

>Chris

Other Threads