SQL Cursor error handle message

i have recompiled an application from Delphi 3 to Delphi 5 and am left with
only one report that no longer works because 2 select statements appear to
not be supported.

Delete from CommRpt - to empty the table and
Insert INTO  CommRpt(f1,f2,f3) Values (:myVal1, :myVal2, :Myval3)

Any ideas why this no longer works. ?

Chris
 ChrisRoss....@EggConnect.net

Re:SQL Cursor error handle message

What database are you using? What is the error message you get for each SQL
statement.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:SQL Cursor error handle message

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:10:58 +0100, "chrisross.arc"

<chrisross....@eggconnect.net> wrote:
>i have recompiled an application from Delphi 3 to Delphi 5 and am left with
>only one report that no longer works because 2 select statements appear to
>not be supported.

>Delete from CommRpt - to empty the table and
>Insert INTO  CommRpt(f1,f2,f3) Values (:myVal1, :myVal2, :Myval3)

These are not SELECT statements.  Are you sure that you're using
ExecSQL instead of Open or Active := True?
Jan

Re:SQL Cursor error handle message

I am using Paradox 7 tables on an NT4 service pack 5 network.

The error message I am getting is "Error creating cursor handle"

Hope this helps.

Other Threads