Accessing tables from sql server???

Hi,

I have an application written in Delphi 5.0 using BDE and paradox tables. A
new client wants to access the data in this application from an inhouse
application running on MSSQL Server. I realize that they are responsible for
any code required but what is the best way to get them access to my data? I
understand that ODBC is perhaps one way but I am not all that familiar with
the details of doing that and I would like to make sure I get the details
straight before talking with them.

Can someone give me a 'leg up' on this one?

Thanks,
Jerry R.

Re:Accessing tables from sql server???

His aplication has to read your data ..
If you want to move your data to sql server , create a dts package  and
import data in Sql Server

OR .. move your application to sql server .. you can use MSDE .. is free
with aspmatrix (www.asp.net)

"cb1000c" <cb10...@hotmail.nospamplease.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I have an application written in Delphi 5.0 using BDE and paradox tables.
> new client wants to access the data in this application from an inhouse
> application running on MSSQL Server. I realize that they are responsible
for
> any code required but what is the best way to get them access to my data?
> understand that ODBC is perhaps one way but I am not all that familiar
with
> the details of doing that and I would like to make sure I get the details
> straight before talking with them.

> Can someone give me a 'leg up' on this one?

> Thanks,
> Jerry R.

Other Threads