Installing Delphi 3 components into Delphi 5

Is it possible to install components originally designed to be installed in
Delphi 3 in Delphi 5? If so, how? I tried following the installation
instructions that came with the components, but they did not install
properly.

The components in question are the DB Power32 components from Successware
International.

Thanks.

Re:Installing Delphi 3 components into Delphi 5

<DC-...@My.House.com> wrote in message

> Is it possible to install components originally designed to be installed
in
> Delphi 3 in Delphi 5?

If you have only the compiled components, the answer is No.
If you have the source code, the answer is Maybe.

Charles Appel
Bona Na Croin

Re:Installing Delphi 3 components into Delphi 5

There are two ways,

1. You need the sourcecode. Comile in D3 and/or D5.
2. You need a compiled set of componts for D3 and a compiled set for D5. The
dcu-format is different for each version of Delphi.

Alfred.

<DC-...@My.House.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
76mgfs4u2045mqvfm3til2m6f7n12s4...@4ax.com...

> Is it possible to install components originally designed to be installed
in
> Delphi 3 in Delphi 5? If so, how? I tried following the installation
> instructions that came with the components, but they did not install
> properly.

> The components in question are the DB Power32 components from Successware
> International.

> Thanks.

Re:Installing Delphi 3 components into Delphi 5

I guess I'm out of luck. I only have the DCUs for Delphi 3.

Thanks for the reply.

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:44:58 +0200, "Alfred ten Hoeve"

<alfred.tenHo...@freeler.nl> wrote:
>There are two ways,

>1. You need the sourcecode. Comile in D3 and/or D5.
>2. You need a compiled set of componts for D3 and a compiled set for D5. The
>dcu-format is different for each version of Delphi.

>Alfred.

><DC-...@My.House.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
>76mgfs4u2045mqvfm3til2m6f7n12s4...@4ax.com...
>> Is it possible to install components originally designed to be installed
>in
>> Delphi 3 in Delphi 5? If so, how? I tried following the installation
>> instructions that came with the components, but they did not install
>> properly.

>> The components in question are the DB Power32 components from Successware
>> International.

>> Thanks.

Other Threads