Using D5 and Paradox without using BDE?

Hello

How can I read the data out of Paradox tables without using the BDE?
Is there a component that will read Paradox tables, including full Blob
fields?

I am upgrading a Delphi 1 app to D5 using Interbase and Interbase Objects.
So there is no 32bit BDE, only the D1 16 bit Bde.

Many Thanks

Re:Using D5 and Paradox without using BDE?

I don't think it can be done.

BUT as far as I know, you can download the latest version of the BDE
(32-bit) from the downlod page on Borland's web site (www.borland.com)

In article <3b95e1d8_2@dnews>, nospam_darrenlamb...@hotmail.com says...

--
Steve Lee-Woolf
University of Salford

Re:Using D5 and Paradox without using BDE?

There is no way to read Paradox tables without the BDE. Borland has never
published the Paradox file format and there are no third party engines
available.

--
Bill

Re:Using D5 and Paradox without using BDE?

Do you still need BDE even if you use ADO?

Bill Todd (TeamB) <bill.nos...@dbginc.com> wrote in message

> There is no way to read Paradox tables without the BDE. Borland has never
> published the Paradox file format and there are no third party engines
> available.

> --
> Bill
> (TeamB cannot answer questions received via email)

Re:Using D5 and Paradox without using BDE?

Yes. AFAIK the only way to open a Paradox table through ADO is to use the
Microsoft ODBC driver which requires BDE.

--
Bill