SPEED UP SEARCHES QUERIES , TQUERY PROGRESS BAR

HELLO :
I read somewhere a tip like using TTable.Disablecontrols
Is there something else i can do to speed up searches ?
Is there something related with DataSources ?
I'm using BDE against dbf's with ttables but also tqueries.
Tquery seems to be too slow.
Any way... How can i make a progress bar for a tquery
while it's working to let the user know the machine is
working.
My DB Tables are located
on shared folder  in a Win95 machine,
my app is run on 5 clients each one has the shared folder
mapped as a network disc.
Thanks
CCL

Re:SPEED UP SEARCHES QUERIES , TQUERY PROGRESS BAR

if you using TQuery to search make sure use indexed field (usually primary
key) in "WHERE" statement, but if you use TTable maybe "FindKey" method is
the fastest one..... :)
carlos <car...@carlos.com> wrote in message news:3b8b0aa3_2@dnews...
> HELLO :
> I read somewhere a tip like using TTable.Disablecontrols
> Is there something else i can do to speed up searches ?
> Is there something related with DataSources ?
> I'm using BDE against dbf's with ttables but also tqueries.
> Tquery seems to be too slow.
> Any way... How can i make a progress bar for a tquery
> while it's working to let the user know the machine is
> working.
> My DB Tables are located
> on shared folder  in a Win95 machine,
> my app is run on 5 clients each one has the shared folder
> mapped as a network disc.
> Thanks
> CCL

Other Threads