Residual window after exiting a Delphi program...

Hi, I have a Delphi program that uses a lot of DOS Pascal code.  Whenever I
exit the application, a residual window is left on the taskbar.  When I
click on this window, it disappears.  I'd like to get rid of that window and
have my application shut down a little cleaner.  I am also using a lot of
TurboPower components, such as Orpheus, Async Pro and SysTools, if that
helps.  Any information or suggestions will be greatly appreciated...thanks!

Martin Binder
mbin...@gatewayticketing.com

Re:Residual window after exiting a Delphi program...

This is a bug in windows actually.  This will happen when the main window is
maximized when it is closed.  Try restoring the main window in the windows
OnClose event before actually closing and see if that makes it go away.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
The correct way to puncuate a sentance that starts: "Of course it is

In article <3vIO3.6789$JM3.299...@nnrp1.ptd.net>, Martin Binder wrote:
> Hi, I have a Delphi program that uses a lot of DOS Pascal code.  Whenever I
> exit the application, a residual window is left on the taskbar.  When I
> click on this window, it disappears.

This is a symptom of a Windows bug. Just hide or minimize your applications
form before you close it, that takes care of the problem.

Re:Residual window after exiting a Delphi program...

Thanks guys, putting an Application.Minimize in the OnClose event of my main
form took care of it.  Thanks again!

Martin
mbin...@gatewayticketing.com

Peter Below (TeamB) <100113.1...@compuXXserve.com> wrote in message

> In article <3vIO3.6789$JM3.299...@nnrp1.ptd.net>, Martin Binder wrote:
> > Hi, I have a Delphi program that uses a lot of DOS Pascal code.
Whenever I
> > exit the application, a residual window is left on the taskbar.  When I
> > click on this window, it disappears.

> This is a symptom of a Windows bug. Just hide or minimize your
applications
> form before you close it, that takes care of the problem.

> No e-mail responses, please, unless explicitly requested!

Other Threads