Inprise - PLEASE READ THIS

W. Riddell's Question about missing button faces has been echoed by many
including myself.

We need at least acknowledgement of this bug! (and many others)

QuSoft will not respond to this. They say to contact you! and I don't plan
on spending hundreds of dollars for a tech support call about an obvious QR
bug.

This problem may seem trivial, but it is not, and I am tired of telling
users to be patient.

Please address this problem immediately.

Re:Inprise - PLEASE READ THIS

The following dll needs to be updated for your buttons to re-appear :
comctl32.dll
The latest version is 4.72.3110.1+ADs- size : 438 kB+ADs- date stamp : 98-05-12
That dll comes with MSIE 4 and D4. If the target machine has neither of
those installed, it will most likely have an older version of that file,
which causes the button glyph disappearing act. You can correct the bug by
updating the dll or avoid it altogether by not using controls that depend on
it (like TToolButton). A few of the control on the Win32 page of the compo
palette have that predicament. I use RxLib components which are full Delphi
code (everything is compiled into the exe+ADs- no dll dependance hassles). For
an update of the dreaded dll go to :

http://msdn.microsoft.com/developer/downloads/files/40Comupd.htm

For RxLib, go to:

http://rx.demo.ru/

--

Alain

P.S. : the return address is not valid. I'm a little sick of SPAM.

Ben Hoffman a +AOk-crit dans le message
+ADw-01be09a8+ACQ-1f1e7cc0+ACQ-359d82d0+AEA-ep-25032.sirs.com+AD4-...
+AD4-W. Riddell's Question about missing button faces has been echoed by many
+AD4-including myself.
+AD4-
+AD4-We need at least acknowledgement of this bug+ACE- (and many others)
+AD4-
+AD4-QuSoft will not respond to this. They say to contact you+ACE- and I don't plan
+AD4-on spending hundreds of dollars for a tech support call about an obvious QR
+AD4-bug.
+AD4-
+AD4-This problem may seem trivial, but it is not, and I am tired of telling
+AD4-users to be patient.
+AD4-
+AD4-Please address this problem immediately.
+AD4-

Re:Inprise - PLEASE READ THIS

>W. Riddell's Question about missing button faces has been echoed by many
>including myself.

>We need at least acknowledgement of this bug! (and many others)

>QuSoft will not respond to this. They say to contact you! and I don't plan
>on spending hundreds of dollars for a tech support call about an obvious QR
>bug.

>This problem may seem trivial, but it is not, and I am tired of telling
>users to be patient.

>Please address this problem immediately.

You know ... you are talking to a wall. :(
I have found a solution to that problem :

1) Uninstall D4 and reboot
2) Re-install D4 and reboot.
3) Install D4 patch 1 and reboot.
4) Install QR 3.01 and reboot.
5) Install QR 3.03 and reboot
6) Install D4 patch 2 and reboot.
7) Install QR 3.03 again and reboot.

That work for me... I really expect that help you.

Germn Gentile.

Other Threads