TService and "Class not found" error

All:

I've seen a few posts over the last couple of months in this and other
newsgroups, but have yet to see an answer.

A coworker and I are developing separate NT Services.  We are both
experiencing the same problem.

When we start the service, regardless of whether we have any processing
occurring (other than waiting and ProcessMessages), we get an Error in
the Application Event Log that the "class does not exist."

The actual process is still running and functioning properly.  The only
side-effect that we see is that it cannot be stopped through the Service
Manager (it thinks it isn't started), so you have to terminate the
process in the Task Manager.

What causes this problem and how can we get around it?  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.