HELP ME

I want to read some player stats from a file and write them back on the
same file but updated.  How do I do this?

Re:HELP ME

You open the file, and read the things you want to read from the file, and
close the file.
If you want to save, again open the file (with the same name), and rewrite
it. Then write the data to the file and close the file.

John Smith <j...@intergate.bc.ca> wrote in article
<5dh17f$5l...@carrera.intergate.bc.ca>...

> I want to read some player stats from a file and write them back on the
> same file but updated.  How do I do this?

Re:HELP ME

> I want to read some player stats from a file and write them back on the
> same file but updated.  How do I do this?

   Not enough information here to give you a complete answer - I must
ask for clarification:
  1. What _kind_ of file?  (Text file, typed file, untyped file, what?)
  2. How large is the file?  Are there important performance
considerations?
  3. How much room/data is available in your program?  Does this program
do other things and have huge amount of data/code which prohibit certain
kinds of processing (such as storing the whole file in memory while it
runs)?
  4. Are new records being added; are old records being deleted, too?
  5. Does this program operate in a shared environment, with multiple
users and processes at the same time?
   IOW, no realistic answer to your (extremely vague) query is possible
until you (1) define more of your application and (2) tell us what its
requirements are - I suspect you haven't really thought it out very
thoroughly, and that you need to do considerably more planning and
design.

Other Threads