Board index » delphi » Sending Mail with multiple attachments from browser

Sending Mail with multiple attachments from browser

Hi

I want to be able to send an email from a browser with multiple attachments.
Can someone tell/show me how to do this using Indy SMTP client etc..

Thanks

Andy Law

 

Re:Sending Mail with multiple attachments from browser


Have a look at the CGIMailer example in Indy demos - this shows sending mail
from server side - I assume this is what you mean?

/A.

Quote
"Andy Law" <a...@daal.co.uk> wrote in message news:3b5d449d$2_2@dnews...
> Hi

> I want to be able to send an email from a browser with multiple
attachments.
> Can someone tell/show me how to do this using Indy SMTP client etc..

> Thanks

> Andy Law

Re:Sending Mail with multiple attachments from browser


Quote
> Have a look at the CGIMailer example in Indy demos - this shows sending
mail
> from server side - I assume this is what you mean?

Allen

Thanks, I've tried adding a section to the web form generated by CGIMailer
to attach files. But I get no joy when I check, the mail has arrived but not
the  file attached.  Do I need to make more changes to the code?

Cheers

Andy Law

Re:Sending Mail with multiple attachments from browser


Basically just load in the attachments to the TidSMTP ... test the count of
attachments before u send to confirm they are getting loaded in.

/A.

Quote
"Andy Law" <a...@daal.co.uk> wrote in message news:3b5d753d_2@dnews...
> > Have a look at the CGIMailer example in Indy demos - this shows sending
> mail
> > from server side - I assume this is what you mean?

> Allen

> Thanks, I've tried adding a section to the web form generated by CGIMailer
> to attach files. But I get no joy when I check, the mail has arrived but
not
> the  file attached.  Do I need to make more changes to the code?

> Cheers

> Andy Law

Re:Sending Mail with multiple attachments from browser


Have a look at the MailClient example for adding attachments.

/A.

Quote
"Andy Law" <a...@daal.co.uk> wrote in message news:3b5d8ba5_2@dnews...
> > Basically just load in the attachments to the TidSMTP ... test the count
> of
> > attachments before u send to confirm they are getting loaded in.

> Sorry Allen, but your talking to a slow learner here.  Would I be right in
> thinking that I need to use the messageparts of TIdMessage to attach the
> files to be posted with the mail.  If so would you give me an example of
the
> correct syntax.

> Thanks again

> Andy Law

Re:Sending Mail with multiple attachments from browser


Quote
> Basically just load in the attachments to the TidSMTP ... test the count
of
> attachments before u send to confirm they are getting loaded in.

Sorry Allen, but your talking to a slow learner here.  Would I be right in
thinking that I need to use the messageparts of TIdMessage to attach the
files to be posted with the mail.  If so would you give me an example of the
correct syntax.

Thanks again

Andy Law

Re:Sending Mail with multiple attachments from browser


Thanks Allen that did the trick!!!

Other Threads