How can send email use MS_Exchange?

thx

--
PAZ!!

-=|??|=-T

sandro_marq...@ig.com.br

Re:Sending emails use MS-Exchange!!

PAZ,

AFAIK, Exchange is an enhanced IMAP server.
I'm almost certain that SMTP is used for 'sending' emails, even from the
client's point of view
Also, if they don't use smtp, but some enhancement of IMAP, I don't know
cause it will probably
be propierty...

Cheers,
Rory Vieira
The Cool View

rory at coolview dot nl
www dot coolview dot nl

DJ Bo wrote:
> PAZ,

> AFAIK, Exchange is an enhanced IMAP server.

No it's not. But it can look like an enhanced IMAP server
from the outside.

> I'm almost certain that SMTP is used for 'sending' emails, even from the
> client's point of view
> Also, if they don't use smtp, but some enhancement of IMAP, I don't know
> cause it will probably
> be propierty...

The simplest way to send email is probably SMTP.

However Exchange isn't a mail server. It's an extremely messy
and contrived database -- quite powerful but frustratuingly
difficult to program if there's not a direct mechanism to do
what you want using CDO or MAPI. You can send a message using
MAPI by creating the new message to be sent in the Outbox
folder of the specified mailbox and Exchange will look after
the rest.

--------------
Andrew.

Re:Sending emails use MS-Exchange!!

Using Delphi to control Outlook is definitely the simplest way.

DaveMc

"Andrew Cruickshank" <and...@openkast.com> wrote in message

> DJ Bo wrote:
> > PAZ,

> > AFAIK, Exchange is an enhanced IMAP server.

> No it's not. But it can look like an enhanced IMAP server
> from the outside.

> > I'm almost certain that SMTP is used for 'sending' emails, even from the
> > client's point of view
> > Also, if they don't use smtp, but some enhancement of IMAP, I don't know
> > cause it will probably
> > be propierty...

> The simplest way to send email is probably SMTP.

> However Exchange isn't a mail server. It's an extremely messy
> and contrived database -- quite powerful but frustratuingly
> difficult to program if there's not a direct mechanism to do
> what you want using CDO or MAPI. You can send a message using
> MAPI by creating the new message to be sent in the Outbox
> folder of the specified mailbox and Exchange will look after
> the rest.

> --------------
> Andrew.

Re:Sending emails use MS-Exchange!!

My problem is MAPI only text, like sender format html!!

--
PAZ!!

-=|??|=-T

sandro_marq...@ig.com.br

"Andrew Cruickshank" <and...@openkast.com> escreveu na mensagem

> DJ Bo wrote:
> > PAZ,

> > AFAIK, Exchange is an enhanced IMAP server.

> No it's not. But it can look like an enhanced IMAP server
> from the outside.

> > I'm almost certain that SMTP is used for 'sending' emails, even from the
> > client's point of view
> > Also, if they don't use smtp, but some enhancement of IMAP, I don't know
> > cause it will probably
> > be propierty...

> The simplest way to send email is probably SMTP.

> However Exchange isn't a mail server. It's an extremely messy
> and contrived database -- quite powerful but frustratuingly
> difficult to program if there's not a direct mechanism to do
> what you want using CDO or MAPI. You can send a message using
> MAPI by creating the new message to be sent in the Outbox
> folder of the specified mailbox and Exchange will look after
> the rest.

> Andrew.

Other Threads