F7+F8 Debug in protected mode. How ?

Hi !

        I have been using BP in protected mode for development for more than 5
years now, but I am still not able to find out why the integrated
environment of BP 7.0 does not allow me to debug my program in situ,
just as one does when programming for real mode. I am already pretty
well used to "selfmade techniques" to debug my programs in DPMI mode,
but if anybody knows a way how to make the F7 and F8 keys work even in
protected mode, please tell me that !

Thank you in advance,

Zoltan

Re:F7+F8 Debug in protected mode. How ?

On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:54:55 +0100, Zoltan Klencsar

<SUS...@LUDENS.ELTE.HU> wrote:
>    I have been using BP in protected mode for development for more than 5
>years now, but I am still not able to find out why the integrated
>environment of BP 7.0 does not allow me to debug my program in situ,
>just as one does when programming for real mode. I am already pretty
>well used to "selfmade techniques" to debug my programs in DPMI mode,
>but if anybody knows a way how to make the F7 and F8 keys work even in
>protected mode, please tell me that !

There is no way because debugging in the IDE is not supported by
BP.EXE. Use the external de{*word*81} TDX.EXE instead. It came with BP7.0
and is made for this pupose.

You may even define a shortcut in the IDE. In the de{*word*81} menu switch
on "standalone". In the Tools menu display the entry "Turbo De{*word*81}".
Then choose "New" and replace TD by TDX and choose ShiftF7 as shortcut
and save. From now on you press F9 for compiling and ShiftF7 for
debugging.

Regards
Horst

   *** Las orillas del Nahuel Huapi ***

Re:F7+F8 Debug in protected mode. How ?

Zoltan Klencsar <SUS...@LUDENS.ELTE.HU> wrote:
>Hi !

>    I have been using BP in protected mode for development for more than 5
>years now, but I am still not able to find out why the integrated
>environment of BP 7.0 does not allow me to debug my program in situ,
>just as one does when programming for real mode. I am already pretty
>well used to "selfmade techniques" to debug my programs in DPMI mode,
>but if anybody knows a way how to make the F7 and F8 keys work even in
>protected mode, please tell me that !

RTFM would be your best bet!

Install TDX into the tools menu
Enable stand-alone de{*word*81} options|de{*word*81}
Then use external de{*word*81}, etc, etc, etc.

    ...red

--
Support the anti-Spam amendment
  Join at http://www.cauce.org/