Turbo Pascal to GNU Pascal

I am trying to convert my Turbo Pascal code to allow compilation
using GNU Pascal.  I have hit a problem with the 'Append' procedure,
which does not seem to be supported in gpc.  How should I go about
adding lines to the end of existing text files?  I have replaced
'Assign' with the appropriate procedure outlined on the GNU Pascal
web pages - is there a similar 'fix' for 'Append'??

With thanks,
Colin

Re:Turbo Pascal to GNU Pascal

In article <79ufbs$kd...@nnrp1.dejanews.com>

c.p.osbo...@sheffield.ac.uk wrote:
> I am trying to convert my Turbo Pascal code to allow compilation
> using GNU Pascal.  I have hit a problem with the 'Append' procedure,
> which does not seem to be supported in gpc.  How should I go about
> adding lines to the end of existing text files?  I have replaced
> 'Assign' with the appropriate procedure outlined on the GNU Pascal
> web pages - is there a similar 'fix' for 'Append'??

You are obviously using an old version of GPC. Assign is now supported
and so are most of the BP rtl routines. You can get the latest GPC
beta from;
ftp://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/gnu-pascal/beta/binary/

Don't be fooled by the term "beta". The current beta of GPC 2.1 is far
more stable than the release version of GPC 2.0.

Best regards, The Chief
--------
Email: la...@keele.ac.uk
Homepage: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/African_Chief/
Author of: Chief's Installer Pro v5.00 for Win32
     ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/win95/install/chief500.zip

Other Threads