Accessing MS Access 97 data from Delphi 3

I wish to use an access database as a source of data for delphi 3.
I have BDE version 4.51, but my experience with this product is nonexisting.

What I am looking for is a simple example (as simple as possible) explaining how to connect an
application to the database. I do not wish to use ODBC.

I am currently unable to access anything...

Thomas K

Re:Accessing MS Access 97 data from Delphi 3

Hi Thomas,

Look at http://www.kylecordes.com/bag/ for alternatives for BDE and ODBC. I use DAO-CONNECT, and
it works fine.

Marinus

Thomas Krogsgaard Pedersen wrote:
> I wish to use an access database as a source of data for delphi 3.
> I have BDE version 4.51, but my experience with this product is nonexisting.

> What I am looking for is a simple example (as simple as possible) explaining how to connect an
> application to the database. I do not wish to use ODBC.

> I am currently unable to access anything...

> Thomas K

Re:Accessing MS Access 97 data from Delphi 3

Start the BDE Administrator.  On the Configuration/Drivers Tab in the BDEAdmin, make sure the dll
name for the MSACCESS native driver is IDDA3532.DLL (just select it from the drop-down, the other
choice, IDAO3032.DLL, is for Access 95).  Create an alias that points to your Access 97 .mdb
file.  Drop a TDatabase and a TTable or TQuery on your form or your TDataModule.  Point the
TDatabase to the alias you just created and set the login prompt to false (unless you have
security turned on for the Access database).  Connect your TTable or TQuery component to your
TDatabase and you're ready to go.  BTW, you don't absolutely need the TDatabase.  It is just there
to surpress the Access userid/password dialog that will normally be displayed.

Thomas Krogsgaard Pedersen wrote:
> I wish to use an access database as a source of data for delphi 3.
> I have BDE version 4.51, but my experience with this product is nonexisting.

> What I am looking for is a simple example (as simple as possible) explaining how to connect an
> application to the database. I do not wish to use ODBC.

> I am currently unable to access anything...

> Thomas K

Ray Porter
Applications Analyst Programmer
Administrative Information Services, UNC-CH
Phone: 966-5878
email: l...@email.adp.unc.edu
         dra...@email.unc.edu
Home Page: http://www.adp.unc.edu/~allrp/

"Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup."

Other Threads