Programming the AS/400 (Delphi/400 vs LightLib/400 (EasyCom)

Hello all,
I wonder if anybody has any experience of using either Delphi(or
C++Builder)/400
or LightLib/400 (a.k.a EasyCom 400)
I am discussing a contract for an AS/400 system and would like to know what
people think is the best way to program the 400 using Borland's tools
I have no AS/400 KNOWLEDGE but years of Delphi & C++ knowledge (Paradox/SQL
Server/Oracle/dBase)
Any help or advice would really help me

Thanks in advance

Re:Programming the AS/400 (Delphi/400 vs LightLib/400 (EasyCom)

On 23 Jun 1998 13:34:56 GMT, hotj...@aol.com (Hotjafa) wrote:

>Hello all,
>I wonder if anybody has any experience of using either Delphi(or
>C++Builder)/400
>or LightLib/400 (a.k.a EasyCom 400)
>I am discussing a contract for an AS/400 system and would like to know what
>people think is the best way to program the 400 using Borland's tools
>I have no AS/400 KNOWLEDGE but years of Delphi & C++ knowledge (Paradox/SQL
>Server/Oracle/dBase)
>Any help or advice would really help me

>Thanks in advance

Hi :)

you can find Delphi400 Guide on Inprise site which will help you with
details about AS/400. Also I can send this doc to you.

Regarding tools I have some experience and I think Delphi/400 is much
better then LighLib/400 and similar products. It's faster and use
better AS/400 resources.

Shalom,

Mladen Kuzminski
BORLAND / INPRISE distribucija
KONTO d.o.o. Pozega, Ured Varazdin
042/231-994, 231-713

mailto:borl...@konto.hr
http://www.konto.hr

LEGALNO JE SIGURNO! BSA g.i.u.
http://www.bsa.hr
mailto:hotl...@bsa.hr

Re:Programming the AS/400 (Delphi/400 vs LightLib/400 (EasyCom)

Thanks,

I have read all the inprise docs, I was looking for some independent views on
the product.
Hve you had a look at the new Easycom Server Engine for the 400. It's from MIS
Systems. They claim it's better and six times faster than the Delphi/400
tool-suite..

Other Threads