How to get servername?

For backup purposes i need the name of the server return in such a way that
TIBBackup understands the path. How do i do it?

Jerri

Re:How to get servername?

>For backup purposes i need the name of the server return in such a way that
>TIBBackup understands the path. How do i do it?

Returned from where?
Returned by what?

--
Bill (TeamB)

Re:How to get servername?

Hello Bill,

Currently i use the following code for the TIBBackUpService component where
Borealis is my server name:

    with ibaBackupService do
    begin
      ServerName := 'Borealis';
      LoginPrompt := false;
      Params.Add('user_name=sysdba');
      Params.Add('password=masterkey');
      Active := true;
      try
        Verbose := true;
        Options := [NonTransportable, IgnoreLimbo];
        DatabaseName   := uBase.DatabaseName;
        BackupFileName := CreateBackupFile(uBase.DatabaseName);
        BackupFile.Add(BackupFileName);
        ServiceStart;
      finally
        Active := false;
      end;

Since my customer have servers with different names i want to be able get
the servername dynamically else i have to make a different source for every
of my customers.
Ho to achieve this.

TIA,

Jerri

"Bill Todd" <n...@no.com> schreef in bericht

> >For backup purposes i need the name of the server return in such a way
that
> >TIBBackup understands the path. How do i do it?

> Returned from where?
> Returned by what?

> --
> Bill (TeamB)

Re:How to get servername?

It sounds like you are looking for a way to scan all the computers on
the network and get a list of all of the InterBase servers that are
running. There may be some way to do this but I do not know what it
is.

--
Bill (TeamB)