"Command not found" error starting Word

I have an application that generates a Word 97 document through OLE.
Some users
are reporting a "Command not available" error when the application tries
to start
Word from the application.

This only happens on a few users' machines so I don't think it is the
application. Are there
specific files I should check for that might be causing this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

Re:"Command not found" error starting Word

Have you checked which language edition your users are running.  The OLE
Automation commands have different names in different languages.  Since you
used the word OLE and not COM, I suspect you're using late binding.  These
problems don't exist for ID binding and early binding.

Matthew Greet

Other Threads