"Lock file has grown to large"

I need some help !

I'm using Paradox v7.0 and Delphi v3.0.
In some of my programs I get the error-message "Lock file has grown to
large", how can i fix this ??

Helge.

Re:"Lock file has grown to large"

Helge Simonsen wrote:

> I need some help !

> I'm using Paradox v7.0 and Delphi v3.0.
> In some of my programs I get the error-message "Lock file has grown to
> large", how can i fix this ??

> Helge.

I had this once too. It seemed to happen to happen when I had too many
forms open that were making sql calls to the database engine through a
timer. My guess is that the locks were never removed due to the timer
call. I fixed only through the program by reducing the number of forms
doing this and by increasing the interval of the timer hits.
It would be nice to know how to adjust the lock file size though, as
this can really limit your flexibility in programming.
Hope this helps a little.

Jeff York
USCS intl.
jeff_y...@uscs.com