Interface not supported with ActiveX TypeLibrary imported

Hello,

I'm trying to get Delphi talking with a SuperNova Com object.
I've installed the SuperNova Type library on my PC and local it works well.
Now when I try to connect to the same server on another machine I get a
message "INterface not supported".
When running a test on that specific machine locally it works fine.

So , locally the server works fine on two PC's.
When trying to talk be{*word*249} those PC's we get the "Interface not supported"
error.
We have done everything Dan Miser suggested on his web page:

- Privileges, Quest account enabled , registry setting etc..

Still this error.

When I use a DCOM connection to that same PC instead of the created
component  by the Type library  it works!!!!

Why does the component does not work????

Eric ten Westenend
The Netherlands.

Re:Interface not supported with ActiveX TypeLibrary imported

You'll need to install the type library on both client and server machines
for early binding to work. For late-binding (using TDCOMConnection for
instance), typelib registration is unnecessary.

have fun
--
Binh Ly
Need help on COM development?

Eric ten Westenend <eric.ten.westen...@locusinformaticum.com> wrote in
message news:851kdb$pot16@bornews.borland.com...

> Hello,

> I'm trying to get Delphi talking with a SuperNova Com object.
> I've installed the SuperNova Type library on my PC and local it works
well.
> Now when I try to connect to the same server on another machine I get a
> message "INterface not supported".
> When running a test on that specific machine locally it works fine.

> So , locally the server works fine on two PC's.
> When trying to talk be{*word*249} those PC's we get the "Interface not supported"
> error.
> We have done everything Dan Miser suggested on his web page:

> - Privileges, Quest account enabled , registry setting etc..

> Still this error.

> When I use a DCOM connection to that same PC instead of the created
> component  by the Type library  it works!!!!

> Why does the component does not work????

> Eric ten Westenend
> The Netherlands.

Other Threads