My 16 bit application doesn't run on Windows 3.1

Dear all,

I wrote a Delphi program with Deplhi 16 bit with works fine on PC equipped
with Windows 95, but it doesn't work on PC equipped with Windows 3.1. I'm
sure that I have included in the distribution disk all the file needed, but
when I launch the application on a Win 31 PC, Windows show a message which
tells to the user that the file exe or one of its components are unreadable
or missed.

Can you help me?

Thank-you in advance

--
Maurizio Crespi       Phone :  +39-2-48954000
Datanord Multimedia   Fax :  +39-2-47710888

Re:My 16 bit application doesn't run on Windows 3.1

On 13 Jan 1997 10:25:09 GMT, "Maurizio Crespi" <mcre...@datanord.it>
wrote:

>Dear all,

>I wrote a Delphi program with Deplhi 16 bit with works fine on PC equipped
>with Windows 95, but it doesn't work on PC equipped with Windows 3.1. I'm
>sure that I have included in the distribution disk all the file needed, but
>when I launch the application on a Win 31 PC, Windows show a message which
>tells to the user that the file exe or one of its components are unreadable
>or missed.

The most likely cause is that you do NOT distribute all files. For
example you may have dropped a VBX on a form making Delphi include
"BIVBX11.VBX" (and not removing it after you removed the VBX).

Since you have Win95 view your executable with QuikView (coming with
Win95). This program will show you under the heading of "Imported-Name
Table (Link-Time Imports)" all the DLL's, VBX etc you need to supply.
--
Stefan Hoffmeister                   Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
University of Passau, Bavaria, Germany

Re:My 16 bit application doesn't run on Windows 3.1

"Maurizio Crespi" <mcre...@datanord.it> wrote:
>Dear all,
>I wrote a Delphi program with Deplhi 16 bit with works fine on PC equipped
>with Windows 95, but it doesn't work on PC equipped with Windows 3.1. I'm
>sure that I have included in the distribution disk all the file needed, but
>when I launch the application on a Win 31 PC, Windows show a message which
>tells to the user that the file exe or one of its components are unreadable
>or missed.
>Can you help me?
>Thank-you in advance
>--
>Maurizio Crespi       Phone :  +39-2-48954000
>Datanord Multimedia   Fax :  +39-2-47710888
>via Tortona 31        e-mail: mcre...@datanord.it
>20144 Milano, Italy   URL: http://www.datanord.it/

Hi Maurizio,

If it runs on Win95 and not 3.x and you have installed it following
the exact same procedure, then the likely cause of your problem is a
system file..., winsock for example which is standard with Win95 but
not with 3.x, and is therefore missing.

Your message is far to inexplicit for me to help you much more...,
check out any windows DLL's or OCX that your program needs.

I hope this helps + regards,

Luis Mourao
i...@intelitech.com
http://www.intelitech.com