D1: Setup a Change Password dialog box?

I'd like to allow the users of my Delphi 1 database app to set and
change a password for the underlying paradox tables.  I know how to set
a password with the Database Desktop, but how can I allow users to
change that password?

I cannot find any Delphi functions to change, add, or delete the
passwords attached to a paradox table at run time.  There's probably a
third-party library for this, right?  Any built-in code to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

M E R R Y  C H R I S T M A S  &  H A P P Y  H O L I D A Y S !

dolt head --> Todd Hale

Re:D1: Setup a Change Password dialog box?

Todd Hale <ha...@cs.byu.edu> wrote in article <32C059CB.4...@cs.byu.edu>...

> I'd like to allow the users of my Delphi 1 database app to set and
> change a password for the underlying paradox tables.  I know how to set
> a password with the Database Desktop, but how can I allow users to
> change that password?

You may consider building a "user security table" that provides access to
all the tables in the database.  Such a table allows users to easily change
their user password (simple as updating a record) while allowing the table
level passwords to remain the same (and unknown to curious users).

Good Luck,

Jason Packwood

Jason M. Packwood wrote:

> Todd Hale <ha...@cs.byu.edu> wrote in article <32C059CB.4...@cs.byu.edu>...
> > I'd like to allow the users of my Delphi 1 database app to set and
> > change a password for the underlying paradox tables.  I know how to set
> > a password with the Database Desktop, but how can I allow users to
> > change that password?

> You may consider building a "user security table" that provides access to
> all the tables in the database.  Such a table allows users to easily change
> their user password (simple as updating a record) while allowing the table
> level passwords to remain the same (and unknown to curious users).

> Good Luck,

> Jason Packwood

I agree- I am using this approach successfully in a multi-user app.
-Larry Ward

Re:D1: Setup a Change Password dialog box?

Jason M. Packwood <jmpw...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article
<01bbf20f$b37f0d60$516bd9ce@jmpwood>...

> Todd Hale <ha...@cs.byu.edu> wrote in article

<32C059CB.4...@cs.byu.edu>...

> > I'd like to allow the users of my Delphi 1 database app to set and
> > change a password for the underlying paradox tables.  I know how to set
> > a password with the Database Desktop, but how can I allow users to
> > change that password?

Hi. Here is some code for you.
Michael. :)

  addpswd.zip