Masterpassword and TUtil32.DLL

Hi,

I am using TUtil32.DLL to repair Paradox tables, but if the table has a
password before it's get corrupted it seems difficult to add it afterwards
and I get an encrypted Paradox table. (The data locks like this:
jP!  M /?? ?.)

Does anyone please have a workaround...

/Best regards Martin

Re:Masterpassword and TUtil32.DLL

"Yes I do, Martin.  It's called ChimneySweep."  He said, dryly.

One of the many, many problems with TUTILITY is that certain versions of
it will actually -encrypt- a table that does -not- have a master
password, if a master-password parameter is provided to the
repair-call.  Unfortunately it does not do the encryption in a
reversible way; it simply destroys the data.

Even though ChimneySweep compensates for this problem when it uses
TUTILITY for repairs ... the status quo now is that most of our
customers do not use TUTILITY in their repair-jobs; they lock it out.
And we've begun recommending that they do so.

I'm actually not writing this as a "thinly disguised puff-piece" ...
it's just that in the process of writing that utility, I became far more
aware of the problems, deficiencies and outright BUGS in Tutility than I
ever cared to know!  :-[

>Martin wrote:

> Hi,

> I am using TUtil32.DLL to repair Paradox tables, but if the table has a
> password before it's get corrupted it seems difficult to add it afterwards
> and I get an encrypted Paradox table. (The data locks like this:
> jP!  M /?? ?.)

> Does anyone please have a workaround...

> /Best regards Martin

Re:Masterpassword and TUtil32.DLL

I use this

 Pdxrbld 3.31 - Paradox tables repair utility ? Copyright 1996..1999 by
        Roman Krejci-RKS,
        Pujmanove 1552,
 140 00 Prague 4,
        Czech Republic
 http://www.rksolution.cz , E-Mail I...@rksolution.cz

What is Pdxrbld:
Pdxrbld is an utility for checking and repairing Paradox tables. The code
depends mostly on using TUTILITY (INPRISE). Some code (few routines and
TUTIL32.DLL/TUTILITY.DLL import unit) was taken directly from the demo
Paradox tables repair utility located on INPRISE web site
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/files/tutil32d.zip
As an extension, Pdxrbld fixes some additional error types that TUTILITY
either does not detect or leaves unfixed - namely infamous "VAL file out of
date" error that prevents the table from being opened and "corrupted
autoincrement generator" error. The corrupted autoincrement generator
manifests itself as key violation in case new record is being added to the
table with unique key on autoincrement field. Starting from version 2.60,
missing index files (.PX and .Y*) errors are also fixed. Pdxrbld handles
tables protected with master password, includes option to pack tables and
supports header borrow and orphans detection/removal feature. Supported
Paradox table levels are those above 4   nclusive (does not work with
Paradox 3.5 and less). 16 bit version does not work with table level 7 or
higher.

Jim

"Martin" <mar...@ciopsixia.com> wrote:
>Hi,

>I am using TUtil32.DLL to repair Paradox tables, but if the table has a
>password before it's get corrupted it seems difficult to add it afterwards
>and I get an encrypted Paradox table. (The data locks like this:
>jP!  M /??
?.)

>Does anyone please have a workaround...

>/Best regards Martin