how to call Windows’ API functions in Delphi ?

Hi all!

Could someone show me how to call  Windows API functions in Delphi such
as DefScreenSaverPro(....) and also is it true that all Windows
functions are callable in D2?  Thank you in advance.

Phung

Re:how to call Windows’ API functions in Delphi ?

In article <31D8E216.1...@u.washington.edu>, Phung Nguyen

<pqngu...@u.washington.edu> writes:
>Could someone show me how to call  Windows API functions in Delphi such
>as DefScreenSaverPro(....) and also is it true that all Windows
>functions are callable in D2?  Thank you in advance.

As far as I know (at least in D1) there's nothing special you have to do
to set things up - just call it like any other pascal function in your
program.

I'm not sure how DefScreenSaverPro works, but, for example:

var
   wnd: HWnd
begin
   wnd := FindWindow('Window Name', 'Window Class');

In D1, there's an entire set of documentations on the WinAPI.

Jeremy Weatherford
jxi...@aol.com

<ignore the sig for now - I'm trying to get it fixed... >

---
Looking for a quick and easy way to 'fly' a 'camera' around your OGl
scene?  Contact me at the above address for info on the CAM module, v1.1.

Re:how to call Windows’ API functions in Delphi ?

On Tue, 02 Jul 1996 01:47:18 -0700, Phung Nguyen

<pqngu...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
>Hi all!

>Could someone show me how to call  Windows API functions in Delphi such
>as DefScreenSaverPro(....) and also is it true that all Windows
>functions are callable in D2?  Thank you in advance.

>Phung

Just call it.  If Delphi has a function with the same name as an API
function, and you really want the API version, call it as
windows.theapifunction.

Eric

Other Threads