Desperately Need Help Please with OCX object (Chart FX)

I have run in to a terrible problem and I need a fix immediately.  I
have created an application on my PC and it runs great, in and outside
delphi.  I have used the packaged Chart FX 2 OCX object that comes with
delpi 2.01 developer.  I try to run the app on another pc and i get the
following error:

Exception EOleSysError in module blah vblah blah
Class Not Registered.

I have put the cfx?.ocx files in the windows system directory and it
doesn't work...
I tried copying all the system files that delphi installs when you
install it into the windows system files
(cdrom:\runtime\delphi20\windows\system32\*.*) and it doesn't help
either.

I tried another OCX component and the same thing so I figure it is
something I need to do in my app.  I need help, I was suppose to deliver
yesterday.

thanks

jack

Re:Desperately Need Help Please with OCX object (Chart FX)

I haven't actually done this so I hope someone else also answers this
but, installing the files is not good enough.  You need to Register them
with Windows.  Registering them adds them to the Registry so that
Windows knows how to start them.  We use WISE 5.0 as our installation
tool and it has the ability to register OCX components for you (I'm
quite sure most of todays install utilities have this ability).
Otherwise, I'm really not sure how to Register the component (just know
you have to).

Michael Binette
Mirror Image Softare

Jack Addington wrote:

> I have run in to a terrible problem and I need a fix immediately.  I
> have created an application on my PC and it runs great, in and outside
> delphi.  I have used the packaged Chart FX 2 OCX object that comes with
> delpi 2.01 developer.  I try to run the app on another pc and i get the
> following error:

> Exception EOleSysError in module blah vblah blah
> Class Not Registered.

> I have put the cfx?.ocx files in the windows system directory and it
> doesn't work...
> I tried copying all the system files that delphi installs when you
> install it into the windows system files
> (cdrom:\runtime\delphi20\windows\system32\*.*) and it doesn't help
> either.

> I tried another OCX component and the same thing so I figure it is
> something I need to do in my app.  I need help, I was suppose to deliver
> yesterday.

> thanks

> jack

Re:Desperately Need Help Please with OCX object (Chart FX)

See Component|Install|OCX|Register in Delphi 2 menu.  There are bound to
be some OCX's registered there so you can see what to do.
Good Luck,
Wayne

Jack Addington wrote:

> I have run in to a terrible problem and I need a fix immediately.  I
> have created an application on my PC and it runs great, in and outside
> delphi.  I have used the packaged Chart FX 2 OCX object that comes with
> delpi 2.01 developer.  I try to run the app on another pc and i get the
> following error:

> Exception EOleSysError in module blah vblah blah
> Class Not Registered.

> I have put the cfx?.ocx files in the windows system directory and it
> doesn't work...
> I tried copying all the system files that delphi installs when you
> install it into the windows system files
> (cdrom:\runtime\delphi20\windows\system32\*.*) and it doesn't help
> either.

> I tried another OCX component and the same thing so I figure it is
> something I need to do in my app.  I need help, I was suppose to deliver
> yesterday.

> thanks

> jack

Re:Desperately Need Help Please with OCX object (Chart FX)

You need to copy .ocx into system dir and run regsvr32 name.ocx
also you'll need a .dll but i don't know what's the name of... it's
something like this ole???32.dll or something...
if you have problems email me and i'll locate it for you...
--
smati...@alf.tel.hr aka Sasha Matijasic
"Great spirits have always encountered {*word*268}

Tag of the week:
Smile, they said, life could be worse. So I did and it was.

 Jack Addington wrote in article <335C00DA.62E26...@nascor.com>...

>I have run in to a terrible problem and I need a fix immediately.  I
>have created an application on my PC and it runs great, in and outside
>delphi.  I have used the packaged Chart FX 2 OCX object that comes with
>delpi 2.01 developer.  I try to run the app on another pc and i get the
>following error:

>Exception EOleSysError in module blah vblah blah
>Class Not Registered.

>I have put the cfx?.ocx files in the windows system directory and it
>doesn't work...
>I tried copying all the system files that delphi installs when you
>install it into the windows system files
>(cdrom:\runtime\delphi20\windows\system32\*.*) and it doesn't help
>either.

>I tried another OCX component and the same thing so I figure it is
>something I need to do in my app.  I need help, I was suppose to deliver
>yesterday.

>thanks

>jack

Re:Desperately Need Help Please with OCX object (Chart FX)

in the Windows\System directory
 type the following
regsvr32 [chart.ocx]

replacing [chart.ocx] with the ocx you are using. this should register the
component and your delphi app can use it.

Barry

 Jack Addington wrote in article <335C00DA.62E26...@nascor.com>...

>I have run in to a terrible problem and I need a fix immediately.  I
>have created an application on my PC and it runs great, in and outside
>delphi.  I have used the packaged Chart FX 2 OCX object that comes with
>delpi 2.01 developer.  I try to run the app on another pc and i get the
>following error:

>Exception EOleSysError in module blah vblah blah
>Class Not Registered.

>I have put the cfx?.ocx files in the windows system directory and it
>doesn't work...
>I tried copying all the system files that delphi installs when you
>install it into the windows system files
>(cdrom:\runtime\delphi20\windows\system32\*.*) and it doesn't help
>either.

>I tried another OCX component and the same thing so I figure it is
>something I need to do in my app.  I need help, I was suppose to deliver
>yesterday.

>thanks

>jack

Other Threads