Including OLE Automation object as member of object

I'm wondering how (in Delphi 2) to best include an OLE Automation object as
a member of a class.  I have defined a class which has a member of type
Variant.  I can use CreateOleObject(classname) and make use of this member,
but what if I want to simply have it point to some OLE Automation object,
with the type being unknown until runtime?

In other words, if I have the following class:

    TTest = class
        TestMember: variant;
    end;

I would like to be able, in my code, to just say:

    var Test: TTest;
    Test.TestMember := some OLE Automation object

Can this be done?  Or do I have to do a CreateOleObject() first?

TIA

Mark Budai
m...@worldstar.com