Delphi 2.0 and Oracle7...

------=_NextPart_000_01BC5F2E.0F9B46A0

Hello,

I'm trying to make a connection with a Oracle 7.2 Server from my Delphi 2.0
application. But I don't know how. Can somebody give me some
ideas/suggestions.

Do I need a special version of Delphi, or plug-ins, or...

Thanx in advance,

Willem Gestel
Deventer
The Netherlands
------=_NextPart_000_01BC5F2E.0F9B46A0

color=3D"#000000" face=3D"Arial">Hello,<br><br>I'm trying to make a =
connection with a Oracle 7.2 Server from my Delphi 2.0 application. But =
I don't know how. Can somebody give me some ideas/suggestions.<br><br>Do =
I need a special version of Delphi, or plug-ins, or...<br><br>Thanx in =
------=_NextPart_000_01BC5F2E.0F9B46A0--

Re:Delphi 2.0 and Oracle7...

Willem
You will require the Client/server edition of Delphi 2.0.
 Willem Gestel wrote in article <01bc5f1d$4c1276a0$1533b18f@csollt50>...

>I'm trying to make a connection with a Oracle 7.2 Server from my Delphi
2.0
>Do I need a special version of Delphi, or plug-ins, or...

Re:Delphi 2.0 and Oracle7...

You will also need Oracle's SQL*Net product for each PC that will use
the app.

On Tue, 13 May 1997 15:18:25 +0100, "Mike Fordyce"

"Willem Gestel" <willem.ges...@tip.nl> wrote:
>I'm trying to make a connection with a Oracle 7.2 Server from my Delphi 2.0
>application. But I don't know how. Can somebody give me some
>ideas/suggestions.

You need the Client/Server version of Delphi 2.0, or the Developer
edition with the additional SQL Links package.

For native connection to Oracle, you need to install some sort of
communications, too, usually Oracle's SQL*Net. Install that with the
Oracle Installer and make sure your SQL environment is set up
correctly before going for Delphi.

Make sure your directory with the ORA71WIN.DLL file (or similar, maybe
called ORA73WIN.DLL, or ORANT*.DLL) is in the DOS search path, too!
Either by setting the path in the Autoexec.bat (Win95) or the
System/Path option in the control panel of Win NT.

You then need to specify an Oracle driver in the BDECFG32 program, and
setup BDE aliases (or create them dynamically at run-time in your
code).

That should do it!
Marc

Marc Scheuner, marc.scheu...@bernoise.ch    CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland

Re:Delphi 2.0 and Oracle7...

        Hi,

        You can bought the SQL Links package separately but it seem difficult to
get it and you won't be able to distribute it with your apps. Delphi C/S
come with a license agreement that allow you to distribute the SQLLinks
with your apps.

Pascal Vitoux
France

Willem Gestel <willem.ges...@tip.nl> a crit dans l'article
<01bc6168$b91b5300$0e33b18f@csollt50>...
Hello Marc,

Thanx for your reaction. Do you know how to get the additional SQL Links
package. I already have Delphi 2.0 developer!

Thanx,

Willem Gestel
The Netherlands

Marc Scheuner <marc.scheu...@NO.SPAM.PLEASE.ch> wrote in article
<337ab13b.2481...@news.bernoise.ch>...

> "Willem Gestel" <willem.ges...@tip.nl> wrote:
> >I'm trying to make a connection with a Oracle 7.2 Server from my Delphi
2.0
> >application. But I don't know how. Can somebody give me some
> >ideas/suggestions.

> You need the Client/Server version of Delphi 2.0, or the Developer
> edition with the additional SQL Links package.

> For native connection to Oracle, you need to install some sort of
> communications, too, usually Oracle's SQL*Net. Install that with the
> Oracle Installer and make sure your SQL environment is set up
> correctly before going for Delphi.

> Make sure your directory with the ORA71WIN.DLL file (or similar, maybe
> called ORA73WIN.DLL, or ORANT*.DLL) is in the DOS search path, too!
> Either by setting the path in the Autoexec.bat (Win95) or the
> System/Path option in the control panel of Win NT.

> You then need to specify an Oracle driver in the BDECFG32 program, and
> setup BDE aliases (or create them dynamically at run-time in your
> code).

> That should do it!
> Marc

> Marc Scheuner, marc.scheu...@bernoise.ch    CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland
> ----------

Re:Delphi 2.0 and Oracle7...

 Marc Scheuner wrote in article <337ab13b.2481...@news.bernoise.ch>...

>"Willem Gestel" <willem.ges...@tip.nl> wrote:
>>I'm trying to make a connection with a Oracle 7.2 Server from my Delphi
2.0
>>application. But I don't know how. Can somebody give me some
>>ideas/suggestions.

>You need the Client/Server version of Delphi 2.0, or the Developer
>edition with the additional SQL Links package.

Not totally true although definately recommeded.
You can of course use the Oracle ODBC driver (with SQL*Net) with the
developer edition skipping the purchase of SQLLinks....

Performance will be slower, but it does work.

Re:Delphi 2.0 and Oracle7...

"Willem Gestel" <willem.ges...@tip.nl> wrote:
>Thanx for your reaction. Do you know how to get the additional SQL Links
>package. I already have Delphi 2.0 developer!

As far as I heard from Dutch attendants of the Borland Developer
Conference in London, it's possible to buy the SQL Links from Borland
UK as a separate package.

Check out Borland's web site for the details (address / phone of
Borland UK).

Marc

Marc Scheuner, marc.scheu...@bernoise.ch    CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland

Other Threads