Compiler error after reinstall

I recently reinstalled my copy of Delphi 4 Standard after mistakenly
interpreting a book tutorial  to say that there is a copy of Interbase
as on option on the installation disc.  Since my reinstallation,  all
attempts to compile both new and old projects results in a fatal error:

[Fatal Error] Project.dpr(5): Unit SysUtils was compiled with a
different version of SysConst.SInvalidInteger

What went wrong and how can I fix it?
Thank you for your help.
Bob Nelson

Re:Compiler error after reinstall

On Wed, 31 May 2000 17:00:46 -0500, Robert Nelson <NTre...@aol.com>
wrote:

>What went wrong and how can I fix it?

I'm not certain what went wrong, but you either have different
versions of Delphi on your disk, and one of them is looking at the
files of the other, or you managed to modify and then recompile one or
more runtime library units.
I think the best way to fix the problem is to reinstall. First,
uninstall the existing installation. Make sure that _all_ traces of
the existing files, directories, and registry entries are gone. Then
reinstall.

-Steve

Robert Nelson wrote in message <39358B8E.123...@aol.com>...
>I recently reinstalled my copy of Delphi 4 Standard after mistakenly
>interpreting a book tutorial  to say that there is a copy of Interbase
>as on option on the installation disc.  Since my reinstallation,  all
>attempts to compile both new and old projects results in a fatal error:

>[Fatal Error] Project.dpr(5): Unit SysUtils was compiled with a
>different version of SysConst.SInvalidInteger

>What went wrong and how can I fix it?
>Thank you for your help.

>Bob Nelson

Be likely to,You can reinstall ,but not uninstall

--miaoq--
topg...@21cn.com

Other Threads