TField.DataType

When I access TField.DataType I get an integer in return.....are the
elements of the DataType set 0 based or 1 based? and how can I return
the name of the element instead of the number?  ie.  ftString instead of
2.

Thanks,

Mike

Re:TField.DataType

According to the on-line help FieldType is an enumeration so it is zero
based. If you actually want an ASCII string representation of the name of
the member of the enumeration you will have to use one of the RTTI
functions.  Let me know if you need that.  I think I have the information
somewhere.

--
Bill

Re:TField.DataType

Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote:
> According to the on-line help FieldType is an enumeration so it is zero
> based. If you actually want an ASCII string representation of the name of
> the member of the enumeration you will have to use one of the RTTI
> functions.  Let me know if you need that.  I think I have the information
> somewhere.

Bill,

Actually I thought I would need it to write a routine to convert an Access
Table to a Paradox table but I found a routine in the BDE help file that does
exactly that.  I simple cut and paste did the trick.  Thanks for the reply.

Mike

Other Threads