Interbase Data Migration

I left a process running on my XP Pro box last night that was
tranferring approx 350,000 data records from an Access Database (via
ODBC) to an Interbase 6 table.

On arriving this morning, I found that the operation had been cancelled
after 261,000 records had been moved across, and an error generated
'Temporary table resource limit'.

Can anyone tell me how I increase, or remove, the limit on temporary
table resources?

Thanks
--
Steve Lee-Woolf
University of Salford

Re:Interbase Data Migration

Stephen Lee-Woolf wrote:
> I left a process running on my XP Pro box last night that was
> tranferring approx 350,000 data records from an Access Database (via
> ODBC) to an Interbase 6 table.
> On arriving this morning, I found that the operation had been cancelled
> after 261,000 records had been moved across, and an error generated
> 'Temporary table resource limit'.
> Can anyone tell me how I increase, or remove, the limit on temporary
> table resources?

Based on what you have told us about the process, it isn't possible to say
much.
Did you write your own program (using the BDE for IB)?

You'll find a program for transfer from Access/SqlServer to IB on
http://www.ibphoenix.com/ibp_contrib_download.html

Look for:
Microsoft Access and Microsoft SQL Server to InterBase Wizard V.14
This wizard will migrate MS SQL databases and Access databases to
InterBase/Firebird.
PDF document re. MSSQL-to-GDB issues available.
By Marcelo Lopez Ruiz
Freeware

Regards,
Aage J.

Re:Interbase Data Migration

In article <3CD245CC.C5DFA...@kreftreg.no>, aage.johan...@kreftreg.no
says...
> Stephen Lee-Woolf wrote:

> > I left a process running on my XP Pro box last night that was
> > tranferring approx 350,000 data records from an Access Database (via
> > ODBC) to an Interbase 6 table.
> > On arriving this morning, I found that the operation had been cancelled
> > after 261,000 records had been moved across, and an error generated
> > 'Temporary table resource limit'.
> > Can anyone tell me how I increase, or remove, the limit on temporary
> > table resources?

> Based on what you have told us about the process, it isn't possible to say
> much.
> Did you write your own program (using the BDE for IB)?

No. I used a program called DB Commander 2000 which allows data
transfers to and from ODBC and Interbase

> You'll find a program for transfer from Access/SqlServer to IB on
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/ibp_contrib_download.html

I'll take a look at this. Thanks.

--

Stephen Lee-Woolf wrote:
> > Did you write your own program (using the BDE for IB)?
> No. I used a program called DB Commander 2000 which allows data
> transfers to and from ODBC and Interbase

I've hardly ever used ODBC so I'm not able to provide much help.
One thing you could try:  Export data from Access into a fixed format text
file.  If this is possible, you might be able to use the 'external file' feature
of Interbase (see the Data Definition Guide).  This way you can "select" from
the textfile and insert the data into an ordinary table.

Regards,
Aage J.

Other Threads