OLE methods calling problem

I am using variant var as OLE object to connect to word 6 and 7 - by
calling CreateOleObject('Word.Basic').
It works fine when i call the methods of word, but there are some
methods that end with '$' char and those methods can not be called
because Delphi compiler refuse to compile them.
Does anyone know of a way to go around this problem ?
Thanks
Ziv.

Re:OLE methods calling problem

siph...@actcom.co.il wrote:
>I am using variant var as OLE object to connect to word 6 and 7 - by
>calling CreateOleObject('Word.Basic').
>It works fine when i call the methods of word, but there are some
>methods that end with '$' char and those methods can not be called
>because Delphi compiler refuse to compile them.
>Does anyone know of a way to go around this problem ?
>Thanks
>Ziv.

Have you tried doing this :
var
   someVar : string;

someVar := 'commandname'+#36

then use someVar when calling the OLE method?
Mike Johnson
Software Engineer
State Of The Art,Inc.
Makers of Acuity Financials, BusinessWorks, and MAS 90
Mich...@StateOfTheArt.com
m...@castles.com

Other Threads