BDE problems after XP sp1 Installed

I have an app that use TTable and BDE (yes I know).   The app worked
fine on XP until the XP sp1 is installed.  The error I'm getting  is
"Couldn't perform the edit because another user changed the record."
The line it stops at is a delete record call. I can add, view and
modify  records without this error popping up. There are no other users
logged in, there is not a user name or password required for the DB.   I
have only one table using the alias. The TTable CanModify property is
true just before the delete call.

Any suggestions, ideas?

Thanks
Dave

using an Access DB with 5.0 driver installed
BDE  5.11 is installed on the target system
C++ Builder 6 with sp2