CVG: StoredProcName Property in a TStoredProc Component

I have a Delphi 3 Client/Server application that interfaces with SQL Server
6.5.  one of the features in the appllication is a TStoredProc component on
the app Server side. At some point in the application the server is required
to call a stroed procedure located in SQL Server. In order to set the
correct name of the stored procedure to be called, I need to change the
StoredProcName porperty on the TStoredProc compnent.

All was fin in SQL 6.5 but the SQL 6.5 Server was recently upgraded to SQL
Server 7. The problem now is that the SysProcedures table no lnger exists in
SQL 7 so that you cannot set the name of the StoredProcName property of the
TStoredProc component. The error generated when you try to set this property
is 'Table does not exist: Invalid object name SysProcedures'. The
information is now stored in a table called SysComments in SQL 7. however,
Delphi 3 still tries to find the SysProcedures table to set this property
with the result that when the app reaches this point in its execution an
exception is raised stating that the stored procedure cannot be found.

Does anybody kknow how to set the StoredProcName property of a TStoredProc
component when interfacing with SQL 7?

Re:CVG: StoredProcName Property in a TStoredProc Component

Did you install the latest SQL Server drivers for ODBC as well as the
latest ODBC manager? Upgrading to SQL 7 means you also need to upgrade
the ODBC drivers.

Christian wrote:

> I have a Delphi 3 Client/Server application that interfaces with SQL Server
> 6.5.  one of the features in the appllication is a TStoredProc component on
> the app Server side. At some point in the application the server is required
> to call a stroed procedure located in SQL Server. In order to set the
> correct name of the stored procedure to be called, I need to change the
> StoredProcName porperty on the TStoredProc compnent.

> All was fin in SQL 6.5 but the SQL 6.5 Server was recently upgraded to SQL
> Server 7. The problem now is that the SysProcedures table no lnger exists in
> SQL 7 so that you cannot set the name of the StoredProcName property of the
> TStoredProc component. The error generated when you try to set this property
> is 'Table does not exist: Invalid object name SysProcedures'. The
> information is now stored in a table called SysComments in SQL 7. however,
> Delphi 3 still tries to find the SysProcedures table to set this property
> with the result that when the app reaches this point in its execution an
> exception is raised stating that the stored procedure cannot be found.

> Does anybody kknow how to set the StoredProcName property of a TStoredProc
> component when interfacing with SQL 7?

Make sure the StoredProcedure name is not overloaded :

I.E  dbo.MyStoreProcedure;1

Remove the Trailing "1" from the name ..

HTH

Rkr
--

                   \|||/