Indy FTP CLient and proxy servers

Is there a way to specify the proxy server to use. Our corporate network
requires that we use a specific proxy server.

Re:Indy FTP CLient and proxy servers

Following text is a comment from FTPCli.Pas unit of Internet Component Suite
by Fran?ois PIETTE (www.overbyte.be) but the same instruction applies to
Indy (I believe).
How to use a Proxy or Firewall ?
   First of all, not all proxies or firewalls are the same. So have a look
at
   product documentation. However, most products support a transparent proxy
   which doesn't require any special programming:
   1) Instead of connection to a remote FTP server, you connect to the proxy
   2) User name is replaced by user name, followed by '@' sign then followed
      by target remote FTP server host name.
   3) Password is usual remote FTP server password.
   4) Most require using Passive mode.
   Example: You want to connect to ftp.borland.com, using anonymous
connection,
            company firewall/proxy is running on host named proxyserver.
            FtpCli1.HostName := 'proxyserver';
            FtpCli1.UserName := 'anonym...@ftp.borland.com';
            FtpCli1.Password := 'your.email@company';
            FtpCli1.Passive  := TRUE;

"Mike Gee" <mike....@romplaza.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

> Is there a way to specify the proxy server to use. Our corporate network
> requires that we use a specific proxy server.

Re:Indy FTP CLient and proxy servers

Thanks for this information - it solved my problem

"Milisav Radulovic" <mili...@ICGDomain.com> wrote in message

> Following text is a comment from FTPCli.Pas unit of Internet Component
Suite
> by Fran?ois PIETTE (www.overbyte.be) but the same instruction applies to
> Indy (I believe).
> How to use a Proxy or Firewall ?
>    First of all, not all proxies or firewalls are the same. So have a look
> at
>    product documentation. However, most products support a transparent
proxy
>    which doesn't require any special programming:
>    1) Instead of connection to a remote FTP server, you connect to the
proxy
>    2) User name is replaced by user name, followed by '@' sign then
followed
>       by target remote FTP server host name.
>    3) Password is usual remote FTP server password.
>    4) Most require using Passive mode.
>    Example: You want to connect to ftp.borland.com, using anonymous
> connection,
>             company firewall/proxy is running on host named proxyserver.
>             FtpCli1.HostName := 'proxyserver';
>             FtpCli1.UserName := 'anonym...@ftp.borland.com';
>             FtpCli1.Password := 'your.email@company';
>             FtpCli1.Passive  := TRUE;

> "Mike Gee" <mike....@romplaza.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to specify the proxy server to use. Our corporate network
> > requires that we use a specific proxy server.

Other Threads