What are Delphi's Advantages?

I am considering buying Delphi, and I was wondering what it's
advantages are compared to C++.

At present, I'm using Borland C++ 4.02, and I will soon be getting
Symantec C++ 7.0 (or possibly Microsoft Visual C++, depending on the
decision of the management at the company I work for).

My development environment consists of Windows NT and Windows 95
on a 75 Mhz Pentium with an 850 MB hard drive and 16 MB of RAM.

My questions are as follows:

How well does Delphi run under NT?

Is there a 32 bit version of Delphi available?

If not,  is there a version in development, and what would its release
date be  (approximately) ?

Also, how well does Delphi integrate with C++ code under Windows?

And, finally, how does Delphi's visual development environment compare
to Symantec C++ 's development environment?

Thanks for your time.

Brad Hein

(I recently posted about this to comp.lang.borland.pascal, before I
found out about this newsgroup, and would like to thank the people who

have already responded)

------------------------------------
Brad Hein
Friley 3360 Noble
Ames, IA  50012
bh...@iastate.edu
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~bhein
------------------------------------

Re:What are Delphi's Advantages?

In article <3v6rcm$...@news.iastate.edu>, bh...@iastate.edu (Brad Hein) wrote:
> My development environment consists of Windows NT and Windows 95
> on a 75 Mhz Pentium with an 850 MB hard drive and 16 MB of RAM.

> My questions are as follows:

> How well does Delphi run under NT?

I have a 486DX33 with 16megs of RAM, and Delphi (both preview and release)
run just fine under both NT 3.5 and 3.51!

Judging from what people have told me, it will handle alot better than
VC++!

> Is there a 32 bit version of Delphi available?

It should be released within four months... Or else...

> Also, how well does Delphi integrate with C++ code under Windows?

You can use and develop DLL's under Delphi.

In short: Try it, you'll be surprised how much time you'll save!
If I told you now, you wouldn't believe me.

=\
 *=- R.Moberg, author of CD-Player Pro! ftp.cica.indiana.edu:
=/                                      /win3/sounds/cdppro45.zip

Re:What are Delphi's Advantages?

Subject: Re: What are Delphi's Advantages?

>> Is there a 32 bit version of Delphi available?

>It should be released within four months... Or else...

     They are showing it in Calif next week or sometime soon. Look on the
PCWeek home page.

_
"640K ought to be enough for anybody." (Bill Gates, 1981)
QWicKeSST - The ultimate database QWK reader, and NO limits. #BLYGJOMK
Special Compile: 1.008A (Alpha)

'[1;35;40m-=> Delphi Internet Jet SST v3.013A (Alpha) - (C) PBE

Other Threads