Changing sound volume from a D4 App

How is it done?  I skimmed through the Win32API and Delphi help but haven't
found a function for it.  Is it just a registry change?

Any help is appreciated of course,
Shane Bridges

kinet...@adelphia.net

Re:Changing sound volume from a D4 App

In article <OrnC2.26422$fd1.4...@server1.news.adelphia.net>,
kinet...@adelphia.net says...

Open C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\MSHelp\mmedia.hlp

and look at WaveOutSetVolume

This sets the OVERALL volume, it does not set the individual volumes such
as midi or wave.

That is more complicated.  For some you can use auxSetVolume but
that requires finding what device you wish to control.  For complete
control, you need to program the mixers via the mixerXXX commands.
This is ugly, ugly, ugly.  Did I say it is ugly...

-John_Mer...@Brown.EDU

>How is it done?  I skimmed through the Win32API and Delphi help but haven't
>found a function for it.  Is it just a registry change?

>Any help is appreciated of course,
>Shane Bridges

>kinet...@adelphia.net

Other Threads