Look for non-visual reporting tool...

<looks up>...Strange title....

I'm looking for a non-visual reporting tool. What I mean by this is that
rather than use a reporting tool with its own user interface, I'd rather
write my own.... Well, not quite, I just need a subset of some of those
features for this particular task.

Which reporting tools offer the capabilities of writing your own simple
report editors, either by design, or sneaking through the source code (where
available) ?

Cheers,

Andy Gibson

Re:Look for non-visual reporting tool...

Dear Andy Gibson!

You need strange think. But FastReport can help you too. :)
You can use full source code of it (and source code of designer too!) in
your project.

"DMW" <noem...@email.com> wrote: news:3eb9cc00$1@newsgroups.borland.com...

--
Best regards,
 Michael Philippenko         mailto:i...@fast-report.com

Re:Look for non-visual reporting tool...

> I'm looking for a non-visual reporting tool. What I mean by this is that
> rather than use a reporting tool with its own user interface, I'd rather
> write my own.... Well, not quite, I just need a subset of some of those
> features for this particular task.

> Which reporting tools offer the capabilities of writing your own simple
> report editors, either by design, or sneaking through the source code
(where
> available) ?

I don't really understand exactly what you need, but in a bunch of years
working with ReportBuilder, having created hundereds of reports, from simple
ones with no code to very complex reports via purely code, I have never run
into a situation of something I could not do--and the support is great.

Ed Dressel

Other Threads