Paradox 7 Table sharing problem

I have created a Paradox 7 table and a d3 program which can access it.
I want to have the same program running on another machine on a network
which can access the same table on a shared drive at the same time.
However, I can only access the database from one machine.
When the second program tries to access it, it gives an error message saying
the table is locked and it will only work after the first application has
closed.

How can I unlock or share the table so that both machines can use it at the
same time?
(.. & yes, the exclusive property ~is~ set to false)

Yann Cluchey

Re:Paradox 7 Table sharing problem

Yann Cluchey wrote in message

<890167123.7930.0.nnrp-05.c2de4...@news.demon.co.uk>...
>I have created a Paradox 7 table and a d3 program which can access it.
>I want to have the same program running on another machine on a network
>which can access the same table on a shared drive at the same time.
>However, I can only access the database from one machine.
>When the second program tries to access it, it gives an error message
saying
>the table is locked and it will only work after the first application has
>closed.

>How can I unlock or share the table so that both machines can use it at the
>same time?
>(.. & yes, the exclusive property ~is~ set to false)

>Yann Cluchey

Yann,
   Here's a few things to look at:

1)  Do you have Local Share set to true on the machine where the Paradox
tables resides (In the BDE Admin.)?

2)  Do you have a net directory setup for each computer? (Also in the BDE
Admin).  This directory must have the same path for each computer, but not
necessarily the same drive letter.  Recent versions of the BDE also allow
the use of a UNC path.

Check these out and see if that helps.

Donnie Miller
drmil...@pldi.net