How do I run local interbase server??

Hi -  Delphi 4 Pro supposedly includes a Local Interbase Server.  The
install put an Interbase directory on my disk, but I don't understand how to
start the server.  Online help is no help.

How do I run the server?

Dave Yuhas
Pacifica, CA

Re:How do I run local interbase server??

Dave Yuhas wrote:

> Hi -  Delphi 4 Pro supposedly includes a Local Interbase Server.  The
> install put an Interbase directory on my disk, but I don't understand how to
> start the server.  Online help is no help.

> How do I run the server?

I simply put the
"C:\Program Files\InterBase Corp\InterBase\Bin\ibserver.exe"
program on the automatic startup folder of windows (I don't know it's
english name, since I use the Italina version of windows).
If you then want to use Interbase interactively, you can use
"C:\Program Files\InterBase Corp\InterBase\Bin\wisql32.exe"
Hope this will help.
Marco Menardi
mme...@sunrise.it

Re:How do I run local interbase server??

Hi Dave,

You start Interbase by starting the Guardian (ibguard.exe). The Guardian
will then start the server.

Frans

Dave Yuhas wrote in message <7c4r3d$h...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi -  Delphi 4 Pro supposedly includes a Local Interbase Server.  The
>install put an Interbase directory on my disk, but I don't understand how
>start the server.  Online help is no help.

>How do I run the server?

>Dave Yuhas
>Pacifica, CA

Other Threads