TADOQuery and Access "Unexpected failure"

I am having a very frustrating problem, and would appreciate some advice.
I have an TADOQuery connecting to an Access 97 database.  I am trying to
fetch some records contained in the database; however, I keep getting an
"unexpected failure" error when I open the query.  Here is what the SQL
looks like for the query...

  SELECT table1.*, table2.strClassName
  FROM
    table1, table2
  WHERE
    table1.Id_Field = :id
    and table2.Id_Field = table1.classID

If I modify the query to...

  SELECT table1.*
  FROM
    table1
  WHERE
    table1.Id_Field = :id

It works fine.  I have tried different formats to fetch this data, including an
INNER JOIN generated by the Access 97 database itself, but it still crashes.
Can anyone help me out with this?  I am running out of hair to pull out!!

Thanks,
Druman Darce
dda...@eprisolutions.com