DPS video capture card & Delphi 5

Hi,

I am trying to create an interface between Delphi & DPS.
I would like to get images from DPS video capture card and save them as mpeg....
I have no idea of the complexity of such task. I would apreciate any tips and
suggestions you may have.

Best regards,
Clment

Re:DPS video capture card & Delphi 5

Clment Doss wrote:
> Hi,

> I am trying to create an interface between Delphi & DPS.
> I would like to get images from DPS video capture card and save them as mpeg....
> I have no idea of the complexity of such task. I would apreciate any tips and
> suggestions you may have.

> Best regards,
> Clment

I would start by downloading the CapturePro components from the Pegasus site.  This
can be found by going to Borland.com, Products., Delphi, Resources, Components,
MultiMedia.
  Download the Cappro components and install them.  These work in Delphi and allow
you to connect to a video camera via your capture card.  Recording to a file is
trivial.

Re:DPS video capture card & Delphi 5

I guess there isn't much to be done from your side. Together with the videocapture card
comes a dll and a header, usually in C. Just translate this header to delphi.
When you wish to get mpeg's, get a card that is able to do so. The latest cards seem
to be able to do the compression in realtime. A PC is not able to compress in realtime.

Rene